Friday, March 12, 2010

After a long while..

And so I'm back.

A few days ago, I learned that having an English Degree at NIE, and then going through four years of bond and deciding to quit the profession, could land you a job in journalism. Many many many years ago, when I was the naive innocent girl that many people could not believe I was, I wanted to be a magazine editor. Ok, so it stemmed off from the movie 13 Going On 30. I love magazines and fashion, up till today. Secret hidden passion nobody knew about. :)

Then I wondered, why the hell did I stop writing a blog?! Thus, I'm back, revived and more committed to writing than before (at least, two months before).

Right now, I have this wrenching feeling in my gut about my academics. It's like anticipating a surprise attack, where the attacker comes from behind, and you're down. Maybe it's the lesser sleep I'm getting now. Or the feeling that this semester isn't going to do much good to me.

Just now, the drive home was fantastic. I was on excellent cruising speed, near perfect revolutions (it saves petrol this way). Traffic was nice. Singing to songs on the radio. Perfect weather to drive in. It was so nice, then when I reached the end of the highway, I was sad. I wish the drive could be longer. Driving is an avenue that I know I'm good at, and that I could hold a place of my own. It's something that I will be proud at (hey, I passed with near perfection!), and I will always be in control of. The feeling of being driven, and driving, totally different.

Anyway, this is the end of my reviving the journalism ghost in me. For the time being :)

No comments:

Post a Comment